Sunday, November 26, 2017

Entitlement

“Behold God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he is become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

I grew up with please and thank you as part of my everyday language. Consideration of others and gratitude for kindness was embedded in my upbringing. Admittedly, there have been times when I forgot to say the words. That’s when to ask if it’s a polite courtesy or true gratitude.

Gratitude is a matter of the heart. Our sinful nature directs us to feel entitled to the actions and attention of others. Unfortunately, that carries over to our relationship with God. The Lord, however, owes us nothing but judgment for our sin. He has freely offered His grace, love and, mercy and paid the cost for our sin Himself.

Because of the death and resurrection of Jesus, we have the gift of salvation. Even though He hates our sin, He offers comfort and mercy for those who seek Him. The Lord alone is entitled to our devotion and praise.

An attitude of thanksgiving, as we go through each day, will discourage the feeling of entitlement.

Dear Lord, thank you for Your mercy and the gift of Your salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment