Sunday, February 6, 2022

Strength in Christ

Photo copyright by Depositphotos.com
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
— 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

God knows the hearts of all people. He knows
the temptations we face and our tendency to sin. He also knows our daily struggles with physical, emotional, and spiritual undertakings. He made us. He wants to communicate with us and help us because He loves us.

In chapter 12 of his second letter to the Corinthian believers, Paul shared some of his own struggles in his walk with Christ as an encouragement to them. This message has been a great comfort to countless believers down through the ages—My Grace is Sufficient.

Even though Paul doesn’t identify what he calls a thorn in his flesh, it pained him enough to plead with the Lord to remove it. Multiple requests were made before the Lord answered, but not in the way that Paul expected. Rather than remove the thorn, Paul was assured that he would be given God’s grace to bear it.

Prayer is communication with God and when we are afflicted with thorns in the flesh, we should go to Him in prayer. The Lord will always answer, but as with Paul, the answer may not be what we expect. He may not remove our temptations or troubles, but grant us grace sufficient enough to endure it.

The goodwill and grace of the Lord are enough to strengthen and comfort us. It will cheer our spirits and support our souls in all afflictions. Paul was not only able to rejoice in his sufferings, but he was enabled to glorify in them as well. Through the power of Christ, we can do the same.

What a great testimony to the grace of God – no matter what we are required to face, there is a mightier force at work. We can boast gladly in our weakness and fragility because we are strong in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for giving me grace sufficient for all my needs. Help me recognize and rejoice in Your power, made perfect in my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment